Saturday, October 13, 2007

Do you hug?

The other day while walking around Mongkok, I spotted several girls standing in the middle of the busy pedestrians-only street carrying signs that said "FREE HUGS". I stopped for a bit to watch them hug random strangers as though they were old friends. One girl walked up to a guy with outstretched arms and of course the guy hugged her back, although it would've been funny to see him run away instead! But I'm not surprised, what guy in their right mind would turn down a hug from a girl, even if she is a stranger?

I found it amusing because local Hong Kong-ers aren't known to hug with friends. They'll wave to you instead. Are they just not into showing affection? I have a few local friends who hug but probably picked up the habit while studying abroad.

I've become a "hugger" because my college and post-college friends were all huggers. Now it's just natural for me to greet all my friends with a warm hug. :) I guess I like giving & receiving hugs from friends because it's nice and comforting, and for me it's a way to show that I'm truly happy to see him/her (and hopefully they feel the same way).

So unless you have something against it, if you're my friend, you're gonna get a hug from me! Got it? :D haha.. J/K

Actually, one of my close friends isn't into hugs... but my other friends and I hug her anyways. I think we're slowly breaking her down... *chipping away ice* haha!

Do you hug? If not, why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home