Tuesday, August 14, 2007

my mom's 'hood

On Sunday night, I had dinner with friends in the neighborhood called Happy Valley (HK). It was actually my first time hanging out in HV and I was amazed to see so many restaurants there. I guess I always thought it was inconvenient to get to because the subway line doesn't extend out there, but it's actually not too bad.

The cool thing about Happy Valley is that that's the very neighborhood my mom used to live in about 40 years ago, before she met and married my dad and moved to the States! I'm pretty sure a lot has changed since then and most of the shops and restaurants weren't around back then. But just being in the neighborhood that my mom grew up in, walking around the very streets that she used to walk through decades ago before I was even born, I realized...

wow, I was hangin' out in my mom's old 'hood! :)

Having lived in the U.S. my whole life, that's something I never expected!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home