Thursday, April 27, 2006

lean jeans

i was telling Larry yesterday how i only own one pair of fitted jeans that's flattering on me no matter what i wear with it. every single one of my other jeans are 1-2 sizes too big and thus too loose, which i had bought that way because they were more comfortable, but i admit are quite unflattering. Larry hates it when i wear my loose jeans, he cringes at the sight of their bagginess. yet i continue to wear them everyday because, well, they're all sitting in my closet and they're comfortable, and i don't want to wear out my one favorite pair by wearing it everyday! instead, i save it for going out with friends, nice dinners, or partying... not for a trip to the grocery store or a daily walk around the city.

yes, the obvious solution is to buy new jeans, and in multiple pairs. but i HATE shopping for jeans! it's difficult to find a pair that fits well because the standard length is too damn long for me (i'm barely 5'1") and nowadays they're all low-rise, hip-huggers (which I don't like to wear). maybe i'm just lazy about it. i hate the thought of trying on 50 different pairs before finding one that's a decent fit.


Larry: go buy more of the flattering jeans. i like you in those.
me: they don't sell it here. i bought it in New York.
Larry: well, go find another pair here.
me: do you know how hard it is for me to find jeans that fit? they're always too long for me! i'm too short!
Larry: we're in Hong Kong! the land of short people!

i didn't know we were living in Munchkin Land! that's great, dear, way to go on perpetuating the stereotype that all Chinese people are short... =P


fine... i'll get off my lazy, oversized-jeans-butt and start looking for some nicer, better-fitted jeans. can anyone recommend a good brand?

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about the Gap long and leans in petite, baby! :) Be sure to pick up 10 when you're in Oakland in May!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home